In yesterday's post, I talked about developing a campaign for myself. I listed several potential goals that I want to analyze and consider carefully before I choose to apply "aggressive activities" that direction. With that in mind, I created the following questionnaire for myself and wanted to share it with you. It's a living document and will likely change once I start using it but I think it's a nice beginning. It might seem like a lot of effort just for goal setting but I'm thinking of it more as a road map for my future -- and that deserves all this effort.
- Is this more of a “should” than a true “desire”? SHOULD DESIRE
- What five aggressive activities can I think of right now? Am I willing to do these? (note: don’t spend much time on this – just throw a quick list together so that you can “feel” your readiness)
- Am I willing to “go out there” – i.e., tell everyone and ask for true accountability? What would accountability look like?
- What resources will I need and do I have these?
- What has kept me from being successful with this in the past?
- WHY do I want this? Be honest – be brutal with myself now or brutal on myself later!
- Can I “handle” this goal – what about this goal scares me?
- What obstacles will I face and what do I “feel” when I think of these obstacles?
- When I think of this goal and all that it will require, what thoughts come up? How does my body respond?
- What do I picture if I “succeed”? What do I picture if I “fail”? (another time for brutal honesty)
- What does Dave think (discuss this after I’ve answered the above questions so that he has all the information to help me – ACCEPT that I need help balancing my goals and abilities)?
- What else comes up when I think of this goal?
Will this goal make my FINAL CAMPAIGN? YES NO
While I won't bore you with all of my analyses, I will share a couple so that you can see how my brain and body are working together to chart a course that helps ACCEPT MYSELF and CHOOSE ABUNDANT LIVING.