This will be the last blog of the year! Can you believe it? I’ve been blogging for over 4 years. I hope – sincerely hope – I’ve helped just ONE person. If you’ve read my heart vs head debate, we (Dave and I together) agreed to follow my heart for 2021. One year at a time.
2020 The Strangest Year
Of course, when we think of 2020, we think COVID and Elections! Both stressful and frustrating and just plain ol’ discouraging. But we weren’t just mask-covered citizens. We were productive and creative and brave. I beg you to take 20 minutes to reflect on all YOU MADE HAPPEN in 2020.
Here are some of my accomplishments:
- Journey to Hope was completed and published
- 8+3 Novel Writing Course kicked-off
- I started a neighborhood book club in an effort to make friends
- I started a friend’s online book club to keep us from going bonkers and losing connections
- I found a way (mostly) to stop buying things I don’t need
- We decided where to retire and now can start actively looking around
- I bonded with cousins I haven’t really known (Debra and Holly – lovin’ lovin’ you)
- I found a great publisher (Lisa!) and a great great social media chicky (Emily!)
- My kid graduated college – yes, that’s not mine – but come on, it kinda was
- I continued teaching classes at OLLI and being involved in critique groups
- Held kid move to Chicago and start her new business (conversestudios.com)
- Got a new puppy – Ripley! Yikes!
- I’ve made big plans for 2021
Please send me your list! Let’s celebrate our BRAVERY.